For Immediate Release
July 22, 2013
Hockey New Brunswick set to host High Performance 1 Coaching Seminar
Fredericton, NB - Hockey New Brunswick will be hosting a NCCP High Performance 1 Seminar, which will be held from July 23rd-27th in Fredericton, NB on the campus of the University of New Brunswick. In an effort to provide a wider range of professional development, this seminar will combine coaching education and an athlete development camp.
The theory of coaching will be merged with the on ice application of coaching. In addition to classroom lectures and tasks, the delegates will plan and run on-ice sessions for a portion of the Hockey New Brunswick Male Under-14 Summer Camp.
The NCCP High Performance 1 Seminar will feature professional speakers who will deliver sessions featuring topics such as special teams, yearly plan, offensive/defensive tactics, goaltending, mental/physical preparation, ethics, and much more. Delegates will have the opportunity to learn from some of the top coaches and hockey minds in Atlantic Canada, as well as other presenters from around the country.
Below is a list of presenters:
- Dave Cameron – Asst. Coach with Ottawa Senators, Former Head Coach of National Junior Team
- Rick Bowness – Asst. Coach with Tampa Bay Lightning
- Corey McNabb – Senior Manager Development with Hockey Canada, Skills Coach for various WHL teams
- Don McKee – Former University & Semi-Pro coach
- Gardiner McDougall – Head Coach with University of New Brunswick
- Mike Kelly – Head Coach & General Manager with Saint John Sea Dogs, former Asst. Coach of National Junior Team
- Troy Ryan – Head Coach & General Manager with Campbellton Tigers, Former Head Coach of Team Atlantic & General Manager of Canada East
- Sherry Doiron – Master Learning Facilitator with CAC, Currently Head Coach of STU Women’s Rugby, Former Coach for Team Canada in Field Hockey
- Greg Leland – Asst. Coach with Saint John Sea Dogs, former Team Atlantic Head Coach
- Fabian Joseph – Asst. Coach with Moncton Wildcats, former Captain of Team Canada Olympic team
- Jim Fleming – Goalie Coach with Saint John Sea Dogs
- Carol Mulholland – NCCP Master Course Conductor, Strength & Conditioning coach with St. Thomas University
- Tom Skinner – Head Coach with Romanian National Team, former University Head Coach
- Eric Bissonnette – Hockey NB Mentor coach & Canada Winter Games Head Coach, Former Head Coach of Team Atlantic
The NCCP High Performance 1 Seminar is held every two-three years in Atlantic Canada and is targeted at those coaches who have significant coaching experience, and want to pursue high levels of coaching competitive athletes.
For further inquiries contact:
Hockey New Brunswick, Coordinator of Technical Programs