Hockey New Brunswick
HNB Fall Forum
September 22-23 marks the beginning of the 2017-2018 Hockey Season. Hockey New Brunswick will be holding its annual Fall Forum at the Fredericton Inn, Fredericton NB.
HOCKEY NEW BRUNSWICK
September 22-23, 2017 at the Fredericton INN, Fredericton NB
Hockey NB 2018 AGM June 2-4, Moncton
Hockey New Brunswick Fundraiser
What is the HNB Fundraiser?
The Hockey New Brunswick Fundraiser is an annual event where a variety of prizes are given away each year. For the 2016-17 season HNB will be giving away the following prizes:
- 2017 Chevrolet Cruze
- $5000 Travel Credit
- Tickets for two to a Montreal Canadiens Game with accommodation.
- Tickets for two to a Toronto Maple Leafs Game with accommodation.
- 2 Delta Brunswick Getaway Packages
How does it benefit the players?
The intent of the fundraiser is to offer the participant the opportunity to offset some of the registration costs for minor hockey.
What Do Minor Hockey Players Have to Do ?
- Each minor hockey player must pick up their 10 fundraiser tickets from their Minor Hockey Association.
- Those 10 tickets are to be sold to neighbours, parents, friends etc. for $3 a piece. The money received from the sale of the tickets ($30 total) is to be kept by the minor hockey player to help offset the cost of hockey registration.
- The minor hockey player is responsible for returning the used or unused tickets to their local Minor Hockey Association in order to have them entered into the Fundraiser draw.
Tickets must be in to the Hockey New Brunswick Office by January 18.
What are the Minor Hockey Associations Responsible for?
- Minor hockey associations are responsible for getting 10 tickets to each minor hockey player registered within their Association.
- They must provide a ticket box, available from HNB, for minor hockey players to return their completed tickets before the January 18 deadline.
- They must return all unused and all collected tickets for the Fundraiser Draw to the Hockey New Brunswick office no later than January 18, at 4pm.
- All tickets that are returned to the office must have staples removed in order to be eligible for the draw.
What makes a ticket eligible?
- The ticket must be filled out by both the purchaser and the seller (player) with all the proper information as requested on the ticket.
- The ticket must not contain staples.
- The ticket must be submitted in its original form (i.e. not photocopied).
- The ticket must be in the Hockey New Brunswick office no later than 4pm on January 18.
What makes a ticket ineligible?
- A ticket bearing the name of a team will be declared ineligible.
- A ticket that is submitted via fax or email is not ineligible.
Awards and Scholarships
Hockey New Brunswick office is currently accepting nominations for the following awards & scholarships:
Scholarship applications will be considered for all three $1000.00 CAD scholarships, provided the applicant meets the criteria listed below.
*Only one complete application is required.
Jim Stirling Scholarship
B.F. Lorenzetti and Associates Inc. are the insurance brokers for Hockey Canada. In 1996, B.F. Lorenzetti began sponsoring a program for Hockey Canada that allows every Branch to present a bursary to a deserving hockey player.
Delta Fortis Properties Scholarship
Established in 2003 to recognize a Grade 12 student who has had hockey play a positive role in their life.
HNB Academic Scholarship in Memory of Ron Bradbury
Established in 2002 to recognize the outstanding contribution of Ron Bradbury to the sport of hockey.
Criteria to apply for an HNB Scholarship:
- Applicant must have been a Hockey New Brunswick member in the 2017-2018 hockey season.
- Applicant must be under the age of 21 as of December 31st of the current season.
- Applicant must be graduating, or must be a graduate, who is pursuing post-secondary studies in 2018-2019.
How to Apply for an HNB Scholarship:
- Applicant must send an essay; 300-500 words (double-spaced), to the Selection Committee outlining your community involvement, as well as financial need. The essay should also explain how hockey has positively impacted your life.
- Provide a most recent record of academic transcript.
- Provide an athletic resumé (outline sports involvement by year).
- Proof of post-secondary education acceptance letter.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure your application is complete at the time of submission.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 30, 2018
Return via one of the methods listed below:
861 Woodstock Road, Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z9
Fax to 453.0868